While specific jobs, roles, and careers require unique skillsets, there are a handful of tips that can benefit most resumes:
- Never go back more than 10 to 12 years when narrating the description of your career history.
- Individuals over 45 years old should remove information pertaining to school graduation or any other indications of age.
- If you feel that your home location may deter an employer from hiring you, refrain from putting a house address at the top of the resume. Instead, simply list your name and an email address.
- Scenarios in which listing your home address may be detrimental include:
- The potential employer is concerned about your commute time.
- The potential employer has preconceived notions about your neighborhood that could hinder your employment opportunities.
- When possible, do your best to keep your resume under two pages. Exceptions include:
- if you are over 60 years old and critical achievements are early on in your career history
- if you have extensive experience and feel that listing a good portion of it would improve your chances for hire
With an extensive background creating industry-specific resumes, the writers at USA Resume are certified and well-educated. They are also verified Career Coaches, offering professional expertise every step of the way. Some of our team’s services include:
- Professional Cover Letters
- Custom-Tailored Resumes
- LinkedIn Profile Optimization
- A Review of Existing Resumes for Areas of Needed Improvement
If you’re looking for a professional, well-written resume for a housekeeping position, look no further than USA Resume. Our team will help put you in the best possible position to get hired right away. Contact us today to learn more.