Teachers are the foundation of our education system. Teachers make significant impacts on many people’s lives, and they are the reason many individuals go to college and pursue rewarding careers. Being a teacher is a noble profession, but it requires a special type of individual to do the job well. In addition to being skilled, educated and knowledgeable, teachers must be caring, compassionate and patient, among a slew of other qualities. Becoming a teacher is not just a job – it’s the opportunity to shape lives.
USA Resume understands just how important teachers are in the world today. It is with that understanding that we tailor resumes for teachers to highlight the specific skillsets and qualities they need in order to land the right position.
What to Know About Resumes for Teachers
Individuals looking to become teachers should include the following things on their resume:
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- A thorough list of accomplishments potentially related to student achievements and abilities
- Certifications and licensure
- Highlight any and all teaching experience that is relevant to the position you’re applying for
- Mention your credentials and your education.
Additionally, depending on the precise teaching job you’re applying for, you may want to use a particular format and focus your resume.
While all jobs have unique questions to answer during the interview process, the following is a list of potential questions you may be asked during your interview for a teaching position:
- What is your teaching philosophy?
- What can you bring to this role that others cannot?
- Why did you choose this school over others?
- What is unique about your teaching style?
- What do you like about this school district?
- Why did you enter the field of teaching?
As an interviewee, it’s also a good idea to prepare your own set of questions to ask the hiring manager. Some suggestions include:
- What is the average length of time that teachers stay at your school?
- Can you describe the environment of the other faculty members here?
- What is the school culture like?
- How would you describe the interaction between parents and faculty here?
- Is there an active PTA at this school?
- What is the average size of a classroom?
- What are your goals for me in my first year as a teacher here?
Here at USA Resume, we have a team of career coaches and writers with ample experience writing resumes and cover letters. We are more than happy to work with you to produce professional materials that will get you the interview you deserve. Some of our services include:
- Professional Cover Letters
- Custom-Tailored Resumes
- LinkedIn Profile Optimization
- A Review of Existing Resumes to Determine Areas Needing Improvement
To apply for a teaching position, you’re going to need to put your best foot forward and highlight your most impressive abilities through a professionally written teaching resume. The experts at USA Resume have the ability to put just such a resume together for you. With our expertise, skills and dedication, we will craft a resume that is dressed to impress!
You get ready for the interview and leave the resume writing to our staff. Contact us today for more information or to get started.