If you have a passion for driving, and are looking for a job with solid benefits and a steady paycheck, you may want to consider becoming a truck driver. Reliable and necessary, truck drivers are in constant demand across the country. Without the confines of the walls of a cubicle, truck drivers can enjoy exploration and flexibility. Those looking for stability and direction should look no further than truck driving as their profession.
At USA Resume, we know just what truck driving and transportation/shipping companies are looking for in a truck driver’s resume. It is because of this understanding that we can help send your truck driver resume to the top of the pile, getting you the interview you deserve.
What to Know About Resumes for Truck Drivers
Individuals looking to become truck drivers should highlight the following skills in their resume:
- Ability to coordinate cost-effective logistics
- Safety prioritization
- Detail oriented
- First-rate problem-solving skills
- Emphasis on customer service
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management
- Ability to multitask
While each interview varies in the questions that are asked, the following is a sampling of questions you may be able to expect from the hiring manager at your next interview for a truck driver position:
- What do you do to remain safe and alert on the road?
- What is your process when it comes to planning routes?
- How do you handle deadlines?
- How do you handle missed deadlines?
- Have you ever encountered major issues involving a shipment? If so, how did you fix it? What did you tell the customer?
- When it comes to setbacks and breakdowns, describe how you handle them (or have handled them in the past)?
- Run through your professional experience as a driver. Make sure to mention special licenses, achievements, accidents or violations that potential hiring managers should be aware of.
Here at USA Resume, we have a team of career coaches and writers with ample experience in writing resumes and cover letters. We are more than happy to work with you to produce professional materials that will get you the interview you deserve. Some of our services include:
- Professional Cover Letters
- Custom-Tailored Resumes
- LinkedIn Profile Optimization
- A Review of Existing Resumes to Determine Areas Needing Improvement
If you decided to pursue a career in truck driving, you’ll want to put together a resume that will lead you directly to an interview as soon as hiring managers view your resume. For an impressive truck driver resume, turn to the professionals at USA Resume. All of our team members are dedicated to their profession, and you can rely on them to provide the high skill level, attention to detail and expertise needed to craft a top-of-the-line resume that will not only get noticed, but also get results. If you’d like more information about the types of services we offer, or if you’d like to speak to one of our team members, do not hesitate to contact us today.