Regardless of how the economy is doing, one thing remains constant: people are always applying for jobs. No matter what stage you are at in the job application process, it is important that you have an impressive resume and an accompanying cover letter.
If you are new to cover letter and resume writing, you may not know where to begin. USA Resume offers tips on writing a great cover letter, and presents resources on where to go if you need outside assistance.
Why You Need a Cover Letter
A cover letter is the first thing potential employers see when evaluating job candidates. Hiring managers read cover letters before they even see a resume. The purposes of cover letters include:
- A cover letter is an introduction of you to your potential employer.
- Cover letters indicate the job for which you are applying, as well as what that job entails.
- Cover letters show prospective employers that you possess experience and skills to match those needed for the job.
- A cover letter may encourage the reader to look further into your resume. Cover letters with a call to action could lead to a potential meeting or interview
- Cover letters with a call to action could lead to a potential meeting or interview.
There are several options for getting help writing a cover letter:
- Sign up for a workshop, participate in an online course, or attend a short program aimed at helping people with both cover letter writing and resume development. Additionally, this may be a good place to pick up a few tips on job vacancies.
- Check with local/community organizations in your area, such as Unemployment Resource Centers, for free resume/cover letter review services that may be offered.
- Look for printed and online information pertaining to cover letters and resumes. Many people learn a lot from resources that are already available for free online.
- Contact a resume and cover letter writing agency. These individuals are highly skilled and experienced in putting together resumes that lead to interviews. One such company is USA Resume. We will help you create a brand-new resume, and so much more. USA Resume can assist you in optimizing your LinkedIn, create an eye-catching cover letter, and custom tailor your cover letter and resume to the job that you are applying for.
Your cover letter should include some fundamental information, outlined below:
- Name and contact details should be at the top. If you include an email address, be sure to use a professional one.
- Include the name, contact details, position of the person you are writing to, and the name of the company under your details.
- Mention the precise job position that you are applying for. Keywords are important here. The job should be referred to in the same way that it was listed in the posting.
- Include all relevant skillsets that are required for the job.
- Include a description of why you are the perfect candidate for the job.
- Show that you understand the field or industry in question by using proper terminology.
- End with a call to action by asking for an interview or meeting.
Cover Letter Services Offered by USA Resume
Working with USA Resume is a smart option when applying for a new job. Our services ensure professionally written cover letters and resumes. USA Resume is made up of certified, knowledgeable writers who are highly experienced in creating resumes that are industry and/or job specific. We also offer career coaching services.
To impress your prospective employer and get your foot in the door for an interview, call on the professionals at USA Resume.